Rights Management App
Rights Management provides the overview your business needs
With our self-developed Rights Management app, you can easily manage Active Directory directly from ServiceNow.
Just getting an overview of who has what access in the organization can be a challenge in itself - password resets, fast on- and offboarding and convenient enforcement of internal compliance are just a few examples of areas of use.
What is the Rights Management App?
The Rights Management App enables you to manage your Active Directory form ServiceNow. This gives you a full overview of users, groups, and memberships directly in ServiceNow and It enables time limited memberships, where the membership is automatically removed once it expires in ServiceNow. It also adds an abstraction layer called roles where you can collect groups required to carry out a certain role such as Financial Controller, IT Supporter etc. - simplifying management access greatly.
Manage Active Directory from ServiceNow
• Full overview of users, groups, and memberships
• Enables time limited memberships with or without PAM
• Enables roles which is a logical collection groups required to perform a certain role
• Microsoft best practice based on PowerShell and Azure Automation
Enables no-code integrations from ServiceNow directly in Flow Designer
• Integrate into your existing or new flows in ServiceNow
• Build new requests for password resets, roles, or group memberships
• Requires Automation App
• All licenses included
• Fixed low price
Common Business Challenges
From a business execution perspective, it is paramount that users always have the access that they need in order to carry out their job. This app can be used for simple onboarding / offboarding of employees or for more complex organization changes, where multiple people move from one department to another. Either way it is important to ensure that they have the access to all they need, when they need it, and that the access they no longer should have at a given time is removed.
From a security perspective this is also important, as we do not want users to have access to systems that they do not need access to. In the same way you also want to limit administrators access, so that you as an administrator only have administrative access when this is required. Having permanent administrators equals permanent and unnecessary risk.
• Employees must have the access they need in order to do their job
• Organizational changes, such as onboard, role changes, or offboard should be a secure, plannable, and smooth experience
• Administrators should only have administrator access when needed
• We must have a trustworthy overview of who has what access
• Eliminate waiting time in the business
• Remove manual tasks in IT
Examples of Rights Management App use cases
By monitoring Active Directory, you can get the full overview of who has access to what directly in ServiceNow. You can share this using standard ServiceNow reporting, or you can enable alerts or enforce compliance on groups of your choosing. Password resets can be fully automated which will free up time in your service desk Time limited membership can be used to improve security by only giving administrative access when needed.
This reduces risk and improves transparency and compliance - especially if you require a ticket and/ or justification before the access is provided. Onboarding can be streamlined to ensure that everybody have the access they need to do their job from day one and organizational changes can be planned to ensure that access is given and / or removed at the desired time.
Active Directory Monitoring
• Get the full overview of who has what access
• Report on deviations or enforce Compliance
• Avoid unnecessary load on your Service Desk
• Time limited memberships
• Administrators must request admin rights based on a ticket
• Justification must be provided
• Employees have the access they need from day one
• Can be planned to ensure that access is given and removed at the desired time
Get access to the industry's best ServiceNow consultants
At Automize, we have our own In-house ServiceNow experts who are ready to help your company generate ideas, build and implement ServiceNow solutions that help to automate and make your everyday life easier for both your internal IT department and your users.
Our expert consultants can support you throughout your project from our own In-house expert team at our locations in Denmark or through our strong partner network around the world, if you need to have implemented a solution across an international organization.
Strategic partnership with Automize?
At Automize, we continuously develop our own software which is used by Danish and international companies around the world. We achieve this by combining our expert knowledge of ServiceNow, Automation and strong partners who have the opportunity to distribute our software on behalf of Automize.
Is your company interested in becoming a strategic partner with Automize? As a strategic partner, you will have the opportunity to distribute our software and increase the value portfolio that you can offer your existing and potential customers.
"With Automize's Azure Automation app, we've automated large parts of the ITSM flow. What used to take days is now reduced to hours or minutes."